Creating an AppProvider Channel
The channel is now available to be added to the required container.
- Login to the the Admin Console
- Selected the "Identity Management"
- Go to the Organization that you want to create the channel in.
- Select view Services
- Click on the arrow beside of the "Portal
- Click on the "Manage Channels
and Containers" link
- In the Channels section click the New button to create a new channel
- Specify a name for the channel and select appProvider for the provider from
the pull down list
- Press OK
- Edit the new channel by clicking on Edit Properties for the new
channel that was added in step 9.
- At this point you can change the name, font, description.
- Click on the Targets link
to define the links for the applications.
- Click on New and this
will bring up a form to enter the information
- Enter the Name of the application in the Name Field.
- Enter the application specification in the value field. The
format of this data is Name|URL where
Name is the same as
defined in step 14
- Save the data. Repeat steps 13-15 until all applications are
- Go back up to the channel level this is done by clicking on the
channel name at the top of the page
- Click on the UserApps link
- Click on New
- Enter the Name of the
application in the Name field. This much match the Name in step 9.
- If the Application is to be by default available to a user you
must put the Name in step 20
into the Value field. If the value field is not set to the same
value as the Name field the
user will have to use the edit button on the channel and select the
Applications they wish to have show up in the channel.
- Save your work
- Click on the Channel name at the top of the page to return to the
main channel definition window.
- Save your work at the channel level.